I realized what the date was at 4:30pm – today is our 3 year anniversary since I started Preemo in my kitchen, February 20th, 2009 – one week after the United States officially declared a recession. Talk about an interesting journey – we’ve learned so much from developing relationships with various kinds of business, seeing nearly every computer-related error message and problem that exists, and adapting to an endlessly changing industry that keeps us on our toes. In an effort to expand our our successes, here’s a quick glimpse into the past 3 years:
- I started Preemo in my kitchen after moving back to Miami from LA. I did a brief stint working for a talent agency there, and quickly realized that it wasn’t my calling. Upon returning home, I had to find a way to pay rent and eat – and computer repair is always something I was handy with.
- My first client was Monica Betancourt – a dear family friend, and a well-connected real estate professional. She quickly introduced me to a number of agents in her office, and our first vertical (Real Estate) was born. We now support and service over 100 real estate agents in South Florida, working with companies like EWM, Coldwell Banker, ONE Sotheby’s International Realty, ReMax, Avatar, and Cervera Real Estate.
- Our first business client was Anima Domus, a beautiful Italian furniture store with locations in Aventura and the Design District. President/CEO Marconi Naziazeni trusted us to manage a UNIX-based Inventory Server, file sharing, email distribution, network security, and integration with the multiple locations and the company warehouse. We’ve since taken all of Anima Domus’ emails into the Cloud with Google Apps, move all the company’s files into a cloud-based storage solution, setup redundancy and back-up, and assisted in a number of web-related efforts as well. We continue to support and service Anima Domus to this day with lots of success, and are proud to call them one of our clients.
- We are now up to 3 full time technicians, a complete marketing & social media team, and administrative staff. We are actively hiring our 4th full time technician and upcoming Technology Manager position. [Meet The Team]
- We are excited to open our first retail location, in South Miami off Red Road & US1. This “Technology Bar” will serve as a central point of support – where customers can walk in with questions, problems, seeking advice, and answers to any technology related matters. We’ll also be offering some business services, including copies and faxes, as well as a convenient place to learn more about our business and online services.
- We’ve gotten heavily involved in our community, including becoming active members at the Red Sunset Merchant Association, Pinecrest Business Association, BNI Miami-Dade (Accelerators!), the 200 Club of Miami, and most recently, the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce.
- We launched our Technology Recycling Campaign, RECYCLE-IT, in partnership with TeckPert, to increase awareness about technology waste, and providing the community with an easy, safe way of disposing of unwanted/non-functioning electronics.
- We launched our brand new website, that includes this exciting blog you’re reading now, as well as detailed information about our services, and easy-to-use forms for scheduling appointments and asking questions.
So where do we go from here? The only way we know is forward, and looking ahead, the increased responsibility to our clients and our community will require us to continually adapt our business so we remain a leading technology solutions provider in South Florida. Our goal for 2012 is to successfully launch our first retail location, and service 2000 computers with exceptional reviews throughout. We’re also expanding our offering for businesses, including our new Preemo Hosted Exchange email platform, Preemo Cloud Backup, and our exclusive Virtual IT Service. Lastly, we continue to develop our Technology Concierge, serving the technology needs of high net worth individuals, celebrities, and athletes.
I’m very thankful and humbled by our success. If anything, we’ve proven that a down economy only means you have to work harder, for longer. But ultimately, our success has been a result of consistently delivering an exceptional service, at a fair price, to a wide range of clients. I’m blessed to have a brilliant team of dedicated people behind Preemo – they are truly the reason we continue to grow every day. And obviously, a special thank-you to our clients – who have given us a shot, and allowed us to prove our dedication towards an exceptional customer experience. Go Preemo!
At Your Service,
Ivan Mladenovic, President/CEO