1.1 “User” or “Users” shall mean an actual person who uses the IT infrastructure/environment maintained by the Client. A User is not necessarily an employee of the Client. A User may also be an independent contractor, vendor, or other third party who uses the Client’s IT infrastructure/environment.
1.2 “Workstation” shall mean one individual personal computer. A workstation is considered to include one mobile device.
1.3 “Server” shall mean a computer program that manages access to a centralized resource or other service. Servers are not physical in nature, so many Servers may reside inside one physical device, which may or may not be located on the Client’s premises. Examples of servers that Preemo may manage on behalf of the Client include individual physical servers, virtualized servers, and/or cloud-based servers.
1.4 “Network” or “Local Area Network” shall mean a virtual community of shared devices in one physical location that allows the devices to share information. One example of a network is a group of ten computers all equipped to print on the same printer. A Network may be controlled or administered through various methods, including, but not limited to, a router and/or a switcher.
1.5 “Monthly Fees” shall be an amount that Client shall pay to Preemo each month. The Monthly Fees are calculated based on factors agreed upon by the Parties, such as the number of Users and/or Devices in use by the Client, the number and types of Servers, the number of physical locations managed by Preemo for the Client, and/or the nature and difficulty of the Services required by the Client. By agreement of the Parties, Monthly Fees may be automatically debited from Client’s bank account or charged to Client’s credit card. An invoice for each debit/charge will accompany the actual debit/charge.
1.6 “Support and Maintenance Services” of “Support Services” shall mean all of the services described on the Schedule of Services. Support Services generally means troubleshooting specific requests from the Client. Support Services are provided to Client with a response time correlated to the urgency of the request. The Schedule of Services also contains a description of the categories of support requests, levels of support staff, and procedures for handling such requests. Some Support Services, when requested in substantial amounts, may be treated as Project Services. Examples include, but are not limited to, Client requesting Preemo to install many workstations on the same day or short time interval, or to onboard several Users in the same day or short time interval. In these situations, Preemo reserves the right to treat the work requested as Project Services, and to be compensated as indicated herein. Preemo may, at its sole discretion, waive this right, or reduce the rate to be charged.
1.7 “Monitoring Services” shall mean proactive alert monitoring of all critical IT infrastructure, as deemed by Preemo.
1.8 “Project Services” shall mean the types of services described on the Service Schedule. Project Services generally means IT works requested by Client that is outside the scope of either Support Services or Monitoring Services. Project Services are billed as indicated on the Service Schedule, and subject to the same provisions, terms, conditions, and specifications detailed in the Terms and Conditions Contract.
Suitability and Eligibility of Existing Environment
In order for Client’s existing environment to qualify for Preemo’s Managed Services, the following requirements must be met:
- All Servers with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems must be running Windows 2003 Server or later, and have all of the latest Microsoft Service Packs and Critical Updates installed.
- All Desktop PCs and Notebooks/Laptops with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems must be running windows XP Pro or later, and have all of the latest Microsoft Service Packs and Critical Updates installed.
- All Server and Desktop Software must be genuine, licensed, and vendor-supported.
- The environment must have a currently-licensed, up-to-date, vendor-supported, and server-based antivirus solution protecting all servers, desktops, notebooks/laptops, and email accounts.
- The environment must have a currently-licensed, vendor-supported, server-based backup solution that can be monitored, and which sends notifications on job failures and successes.
- The environment must have a currently-licensed and vendor-supported hardware firewall between the internal network and the Internet.
- All wireless data traffic in the environment must be securely encrypted.
Costs required to bring Client’s environment up to these minimum standards are not included in this Addendum or Service Schedule.