Help Desk Intern | Entry Level
Location: Miami, FL (Pinecrest Area), 33156 | Department: Service Team
Are you looking to kick-start you career in IT? Our intern program is the perfect place to get hands-on experience working on a busy IT help desk, and gain experience by shadowing a diverse group of professional IT engineers. You’ll learn the basic skills, like proper phone etiquette, how to manage and update support requests in our ticketing system, proper use of our remote monitoring platform, and inputting data in our documentation platform. You’ll also have an opportunity to work directly supporting our clients, after completing the training program. We’re looking for soon-to-be and recent graduates and highly driven individuals who are ready to learn and grow.
- Basic understanding of technical troubleshooting and computer concepts
- Excellent problem-solving skills, persistence in resolving technical challenges
- Willingness to learn, understand, and educate yourself (through in-office training and at-home courses and certifications)
- Past experience working for an IT company, computer repair shop, or similar
- Enrolled in 2 or 4 year degree in a computer science/engineering area of study
- Technical certifications: A+, N+, S+, Microsoft, Google ITP, or similar
- Bilingual (Spanish, English)
- Daily office tasks, including assisting in service, account management, and purchasing departments.
- General administrative responsibilities, such as unboxing and setting up computers, maintaining inventory, and providing day-to-day help to our team
- Answering phone calls from clients, vendors, and prospective opportunities, and properly transferring to the right department and resource.
- Entering all work on service requests into Connectwise (our ticketing and billing system)
You must have a reliable form of transportation, a valid Florida driver’s license, and proof of insurance that meets the minimum requirements of the State of Florida.
We place a strong emphasis on your past references, and your ability to work well with others.
We offer both paid and unpaid internships, depending on experience, certification, references, and interview. Part time and full time opportunities available. We offer extensive growth opportunity within the organization that includes scholarships for additional certifications and in-house training to boost your skills. We also offer a competitive bonus structure, based on performance and client reviews of your customer service.
Are you ready to join Team Preemo? We can’t wait to meet you.