Help Desk Engineer | Level 1
Location: Miami, FL (Pinecrest Area), 33156 | Department: Service Team
Do you love solving problems and helping other with technology? As a Help Desk Engineer, you’re the first line of support, tasked with solving a variety of technical problems and documenting your efforts in our ticketing system. This may include troubleshooting internet connectivity, resolving email and software issues, fixing printing or scanning problems, installing and repairing desktop and laptop computers, and visit client’s sites to resolve other technical support issues. You’ll work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, updating service requests, and ensuring the clients get the absolute best experience working with our team.
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience working on an IT Help Desk
- Install, Cloning, Migrating, Troubleshooting & Repairing Windows PCs
- Microsoft Troubleshooting: Windows 7, 8, and 10
- Microsoft Office (all versions): Installing, Configuration, & Troubleshooting
- Email and Microsoft Outlook Troubleshooting
- Office365 Management and Troubleshooting
- Active Directory: Adding, Remove Users, Basic Group Policy
- Printer/Scanner Configuration & Troubleshooting
- Networking. LAN/WAN, DNS, DHCP. Setup of Routers & Switches
- Wireless Network Configuration & Troubleshooting
- Past experience working for a Managed Service Provider or IT Company
- 2 or 4 year degree in a computer science/engineering area of study
- Technical certifications: A+, N+, S+, Microsoft, Google ITP, or similar
- Bilingual (Spanish, English)
- Responding to customer support tickets promptly, providing concierge-level technical support, documenting resolutions to support requests daily, and escalating tickets as needed.
- Providing on-site & remote support, with issues ranging from simple desktop setup, configuration, and migration, to network troubleshooting, email/Outlook support, to basic Server functions like adding/removing users to Active Directory, and managing Group Policy.
- Communicating effectively with clients via phone and email, responding to all requests and concerns in a timely fashion. Explaining resolutions, answering questions, and providing professional advice as needed.
- Actively collaborating in the development and maintenance of IT Support processes
- Entering all work on service requests into Connectwise (our ticketing and billing system)
You must have a reliable form of transportation, a valid Florida driver’s license, and proof of insurance that meets the minimum requirements of the State of Florida.
We place a strong emphasis on your past references, and your ability to work well with others.
The position pays depending on experience, certification, references, and interview. 40 Hours/Week Guaranteed. We offer extensive growth opportunity within the organization that includes scholarships for additional certifications and in-house training to boost your skills. We also offer a competitive bonus structure, based on performance and client reviews of your customer service.
Are you ready to join Team Preemo? We can’t wait to meet you.